nafex - [nafex] walnut hybrid

  • From: "R. Keith Etheridge" <goatdoc@ctitech.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] walnut hybrid
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:13:07 -0500

Kincaid Illinois is a few miles west of Taylorville Illinois where I was a
veterinarian. It was created as a coal mining town where a large portion of
the miners were Italian immigrants.
One of my clients of Italian extraction had a large Carpathian walnut in her
yard with many dogs.Knowing my interests she shared several nuts with me.
When they germinated
they produced what appeared to be a black walnut seedlings that I planted.
I’m a very poor record keeper but I have a tree thirty or more years later
that produces a pear shape
husk that a appears more fibrous and organized than other black walnuts and
produced a nut that cracks somewhat easier than the run of the mill.Not dry
enough to evaluate.
I think at one time the USDA had walnut hybrid station that was terminated
due to lack of success.
Keith
>From dvidedevo@yahoo.com Tue Oct 14 19:59:27 2014
t13331165; bh�uFZn/G5GZAJD8IMsl+1ujB76AKyXskW1s79o8Lyhg=;
h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=trbTh8Rzg9wonQI+dHz6hekcSczQm9KsjtQajwEAuoZtSvJBKaGuIX8J4oGYzrNc6UNXV39qZswXJILugLti1w1d3A2oDrREVKCnU+w15T7FRd/gMYbGhCemrlGprFv6+T672KOySN2Fk/jXShgu5K2AwjWhUX7NqgXv1Kit6gEX-YMail-OSG:
cfw3wgMVM1m.cbxVN8GzrAtElpOviYepvka9.BsNuPYKjRD
hnJ4W32K0lEKs6jy7Zm8M2FxS7U9ZcoKlCgvazxaTYuZsA4Blb3lAT7WchVH
uuO_bpLUeowDjsDTgl3hte7Irh8iULkaugM7GHDke0rEX0EzC5I2k5NvbVMw
LI8aNTgsXACgYiRLPSoIdklwUnasuPqxM6iCSPFLIy.ouQiTxYXt0aC8IGBF
fPDR0Lv1ZGFOHPYUu1XR7YR4hOXNTT_Z1RgBc5dADGejWgt2tyeaqciUybwP
2TaIDtszG7mvbm5A39tDOpWjwKRG7eYc.jXC0wRujobLaF0YO6X0M.oWZtAw
XEtEpnZ.57.ElgWJf08rWAlJqUEAt4BeRz4MtDXJx6CkbZGQTEq.OHAQwYP6
z3c5PKJ3PLekb87C8n.ZcAxHQiFPjBmfMKUwMi5T78iQXedz_An_8lrEizTL
W0jFS8R40fwZRyQjcNibCJ4ueh_3ouldQwamjZJ4Q_96Zu.SQ_u_a7igRbo1
F3Y3txWLNoPxA8DP3WSZqNbM2kDTMhvRf_F4moOiniur.b8iAFThm

SmF5LS0gCgp0aGUgZ3JhdmVsL3NhbmQgaWRlYSBzb3VuZHMgbGlrZSBhbiBlbmdpbmVlcmluZyBwYXJhZGlnbSBhcHBsaWVkIHRvIHdoYXQgaXMgcHJvcGVybHkgdGhlIGRvbWFpbiBvZiBiaW9sb2d5LiBJIGRvbid0IGhhdmUgZXhwZXJpZW5jZSB3aXRoIHRydWUgY2xheSBzb2lsIGFzIHN1Y2gsIGJ1dCB0aGUgc2lsdCBsb2FtIG9uIG15IHNpdGUgaXMgcXVpdGUgaGVhdnkgYW5kIGVhc2lseSBjb21wYWN0ZWQuIEknZCBjb25jdXIgb24gb3JnYW5pYyBtYXR0ZXIsIHRob3VnaCBJJ2QgdGVuZCB0byBhcHBseSABMAEBAQE-