nafex - Re: [nafex] Question about crabapple trees top-worked with domestic apples.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Question about crabapple trees top-worked with domestic apples.
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 21:58:11 -0400

Andre,

With any kind of luck you will have fruit on the third leaf.

Jerry

In a message dated 9/24/2014 4:21:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hello@protocol6.com writes:

I'm thinking about top-working a mature crabapple tree in my backyard with
two or three domestic apple varieties.

I have never done this, but have a good idea how to proceed.

One thing I'd be curious to know is how long its likely to take until the
new apple branches bear fruit (assuming the cleft grafts take, of course)

Any observations or comments would be be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and best regards.

:-)

Andre