nafex - [nafex] Keeping apples

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Keeping apples
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:38:25 -0800

I grow my apples in ziplock bags anyways, so I just pull them off bag and all
and they keep fairly well that way.

And not to be sarcastic put you can dip them in wax, it peels off easily if
you buff the apples first (on many varieties, for rougher apples, like
russets you are better off spraying them with cooking oil first and dipping
them, or cooking spray and wrap them... )years ago I waxed many apples...the
wax is very reusable and can be remelted many times. I played around with
waxes...can;t remember the blend I came up with, mostly candle wax with
paraffin added as I recall, but I do not remember the ratio. But as I said
the best part is you can reuse the wax. It is sort of like making caramel
apples :)

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====