nafex - Re: [nafex] black knot resistant plums

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] black knot resistant plums
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:31:25 -0600

Alan,

I see now my confusion about the cultivar types. Strange, how
two fruits of the same species will have such different characteristics.

I still would be concerned about Black Knot on the Fellenberg Plum.
The first site I checked was from Pennsylvania State Extension and
they classified the Fellenberg as moderately resistant. Perhaps, like
in my case, you may get hit at any time with the Black Knot. This
same site I mentioned stated that the President variety was more
resistant to Black Knot.

Sherwin Dubren