nafex - Re: [nafex] Chipmunks

  • From: "PATTY " <jrplelie@centurylink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Chipmunks
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 19:03:48 -0500 (EST)

Dan,

A friend of mine claims that you set out a five gallon pail about half full
of water. Then coat the top of the water with sunflower seeds. Place a
stick up against the side of the pail and secure it, so it doesn't fall over
and ruin access to the sunflowers. You may want to spread a few seeds around
the base of the stick to lure him into the trap. Supposedly, the curious
little guys will investigate and when they jump down to grab some sunflower
seeds, drown. I have been wanting to try this. Please let me know if it is
effective for your purpose. This friend of mine swears by this method. He
says that he had one within 10 minutes.

Jim