nafex - Re: [nafex] Anyone know this apple?

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Anyone know this apple?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 23:46:13 -0400

I was looking on the internet for pictures of 922 end. I found the same ones that I found last year. I noticed that the site had an e-mail address so I wrote to the guy who put up the pictures. He was kind enough to send a reply right away. This is what he wrote back:

On 10/1/2013 1:09 AM, Bernie Nikolai wrote:

sure doesn't look like my 922 End Steve...
Mine are ripe before mid Sept. Your apple looks like a Battleford to me, but its hard to tell from a photo. Battleford is sour, and one bite you won't want another...

Bernie

So I looked up Battleford.
http://www.fruit.usask.ca/apples/battleford.html
They say "slightly tart". Also, the shape isn't a good match. My variety (what ever it is) is quite squat. Wider that it is tall.

Steve