nafex - Re: [nafex] Pawpaw report - differences among fruit on same

  • From: Eric Farnsworth <tropicofkansas@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pawpaw report - differences among fruit on same
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:46:30 -0700 (PDT)

I have noticed this very thing on a single tree that has enough fruits to
compare. Even fruits in a single 'hand' - from one flower can vary in flavor
and color. I believe it is as Lee says - a matter of ripeness. Lighter color
and brighter flavor when just ripe going to more orange and stronger 'old
banana' flavor as they get riper. With experience you can identify the time
when they are ready to pick, but haven't fallen yet. Fruits will certainly
drop at different stages of ripeness, just due to mechanical factors such as
fruit size and how much the branch might get disturbed.

Eric Farnsworth - Eastern Kansas
All the paw paws in the yard in town just ripe yesterday.

Message: 4