nafex - Re: [nafex] Pawpaw report - differences among fruit on same tree

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pawpaw report - differences among fruit on same tree
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 06:36:52 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Betsy,

You will find less variability in pulp color, texture, and flavor as the tree
matures over the next few years - I find the first crop from a tree is not a
reliable indicator of future crops. The larger fruit on a given tree will be
about the same size, but there will always be small fruit with 1 - 5 seeds.
The flavor of some pawpaw varieties changes with ripeness, and even dropped
fruit may require a couple days at room temperature to reach optimum ripeness.

Jim