nafex - Re: [nafex] Squirrels and Kania traps

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Squirrels and Kania traps
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 23:12:42 -0500

On 8/9/2013 12:18 PM, sherwin wrote:
I put peanut butter spread on a piece of bread inside my Have-A-Heart traps and find this attracts the squirrels much sooner than any fruit on the tree or the ground. Using two traps, I have removed as many as 30 squirrels the first year, but now I am down to less than 5 or 6 per year. Sherwin Dubren Morton Grove, IL __________________ nafex mailing list nafex@lists.ibiblio.org aubscribe/unsubscribe|user config|list info|make a donation toward list maintenance: http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex message archives https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex Google message archive search: site: lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/nafex [searchstring] nafex list mirror sites: http://groups.google.com/group/nafexlist https://sites.google.com/site/nafexmailinglist Avant Geared http://www.avantgeared.com

Forgot to mention that my traps have to be set for a hair trigger. On the Have-A-Heart, there is
a linkage from the trigger flap to a hook which keeps the door open. I set this hook at it's very
edge of engagement, so that the slightest pressure will set off the trap. I'm not sure if this can
be done on other types of traps.

Sherwin Dubren
Morton Grove, IL