nafex - [nafex] answering Judson

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] answering Judson
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:37:04 -0400

>From what I gather the best home orchard insecticide going now is
Spectracide's Triazide, another relatively new pyrethroid but packaged for
home owners. Doesn't have any kickback as does Imidan and can create mite
outbreaks by destroying predator beneficial mites but it lasts a long time
and eliminates all the most common fruit destroying insects. It is not
very toxic to mammals.

Another problem with it is a short 2 year shelf life and it's impossible to
know how old it is when you purchase it. I bought some the spring before
last at a Lowes and it was impotent by this spring. Worked fine last year
and was easier for me to use when using a hand sprayer. Asana is extremely
concentrated.