nafex - Re: [nafex] Seeds

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Seeds
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 08:53:03 +0530

Yes, it is Ficus palmata. No one has studied its pollination yet. I feel from my casual observation that it does not. As I have never noticed wasp caterpillars in young fruits. We have another fig, Ficus roxburghii too. One sees wasp caterpillars in the fruits of some of trees which makes it inedible. But another type does not have caterpillars and the fruits are edible. It is not possible to distinguish the trees from one another from external characteristics. F. roxburghii trees are protected by farmers as its leaves are used as fodder for cattle.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
www.fruitipedia.com

-----Original Message----- From: Bassgarden