nafex - [nafex] Filbert Frost Resistance

  • From: alexis@conev.org
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Filbert Frost Resistance
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:06:42 -0400

Hello folks,
so we have had two years now with harsh spring frosts. My filberts, which are still young, have suffered no damage whatsoever. But my filberts are young, not making any nuts yet. Does anyone know if fruiting filberts are equally frost resistant? Other trees in my area (central VA, zone 6 or 7 depending on how you look at it) have gotten clobbered. Heartnuts, pecans, muscadines, pomegranates are all badly damaged. I am wondering if filberts are and answer to late spring frosts.
Thanks,
Alexis

  • [nafex] Filbert Frost Resistance, alexis, 05/14/2013