nafex - Re: [nafex] Moose eating apple trees

  • From: "Lucky Pittman" <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Moose eating apple trees
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 16:11:20 -0500

If you put up a proper HT fence, I'll guarantee you they won't knock it
down.
Push? HT fence built for exclusion CAN be a physical barrier, especially
when tensioned to 200psi. I don't put that much tension on most of my
cattle fences -but they're mainly a 'psychological' barrier, with posts only
every 100 ft or so; a person on an ATV *might* push 30 ft or less before the
wire flipped 'em right back, end-over-end.
I do, however have a crowding alley formed from 11 strands of HT wire,
tensioned pretty tight (but still likely much less than 200psi), post
spacings at 16 ft, wires starting at 4" spacings low-down, widening out to
6" spacings above 4 ft. Cattle hit it, and bounce right back.

Lucky