nafex - Re: [nafex] revisiting interstem

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] revisiting interstem
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:27:12 +0000

Please correct this if wrong.  If I remember my botany, some plant nutrients
move upwards in the interior part of the stem, while others move downwards in
the cambium just under the bark.  Both have an effect on the dwarfing of a
graft.  If you switch the topwork & rootstock cultivars of an interstem
combo, you are asking the 'assembly line' to run in the opposite direction.
I would like to see side-by-side comparisons, before relying on doing many
for expected production.

tc, s.WI, 0 F one day, 0 C the next