nafex - Re: [nafex] Pine needle mulch

  • From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pine needle mulch
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:29:26 -0500

I think Jim is right. By way of documentation, ARS researchers in Arkansas
(see link below) published the results of some recent experiments and found
that pine needle mulch had little or no tendency to acidify soil in field
situations.
The effect of mulches varies by soil texture, amount of mulch, climate,
existing soil structure, and so many other variables that it is hard to
generalize.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?seq_no_115=22
3401

Michele in SW Ohio