nafex - Re: [nafex] WILD GOOSE plum, Hector Black, et al.; nafex Digest, Vol 119, Issue 1

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] WILD GOOSE plum, Hector Black, et al.; nafex Digest, Vol 119, Issue 1
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 14:55:40 -0600

Hi Steven,
This must have been 25 years ago and I don't have any record of who the
man was. Only that he lived in Florida. He called it wild goose. I didn't
know it was munsoniana till Gennadi told me.
I'd be glad to send you scion wood but would need a reminder in Feb,
March. Probably Feb would be best as we can get warm weather in March.
I have some other plums, but wild goose flowers just a little later.
The other plums are Russian, myrobalan hybrids.
I hope this is helpful. Best wishes, Hector