nafex - Re: [nafex] Carmine Jewel and Crison Passion Sour Cherries

  • From: Martha Davis <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Carmine Jewel and Crison Passion Sour Cherries
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:40:49 -0600

At the last NAFEX meeting is Saskatchuan we got to tast previously frozen
raw sour cherries from the program. I liked most of them, but there
certainly were a few that had more sugars and tasted better when presented
that way.

Bob did say on the tour of the fields that he didn't expect to have much
real competition from people planting seeds of selections or taking
divisions of their own previously purchased plants. They come from a very
mixed background genetically and I guess the proportion of outtakes due to
reasons of palatability, hardiness and or size were large. They also root
deeply very quickly as well and are hard to move at a relatively young age.

Martha Davis