nafex - [nafex] Just harvested a bucket of Peaches

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Just harvested a bucket of Peaches
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:11:00 -0500

from a tree that was planted as a Madison peach. This tree died back
to the ground and I'm assuming what put on fruit was the rootstock,
unless by some chance I had the graft buried which I normally never
do. I have another Madison peach a short ways away and these peaches
look quite a bit different, are smaller and a different blush pattern.
Nonetheless, they were good tasting, disease free for the most part,
and much larger than the other kinds of seedling peaches I have
growing. Anyone know if any of the standard hardy peach rootstocks
produce decent peaches? I don't have a record of where I got this
peach from unfortunately.

~mIEKAL