nafex - [nafex] plum search

  • From: anton ptak <antonptak@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] plum search
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:41:02 -0500

Wondering if anyone knows of any sources in the states - either nursery trees or scionwood of the following hard to find plums. . . or if you have trialed any of these and how they performed. I believe these were all trialed in Canada, though some have origins in the US. Emerald and Omaha I believe were also trialed in MN in the early 1900s. I'm especially interested in the first three hybrids.

hybrids:
Elliot - U of MN release in 1920
Emerald - Nebraska origin circa 1900
Omaha - sister of Emerald circa 1900

european (p. domestica)
levis
l'islet
reine claude de montmorency - imported to Cananda in late 1700's
victoria (not 'victory') - old english (i think) variety

other:
grosse bleue?

Cheers,
Anton Ptak