nafex - Re: [nafex] Fruiting Quince Propagation and Mulberry

  • From: "England's Orchard and Nursery" <nuttrees@prtcnet.org>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Fruiting Quince Propagation and Mulberry
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:49:22 -0400

We often graft Medlar, Quince and Crataegus on to BA 29 -C Quince root stock
and have a very High percentage of takes using just a splice graft or whip
and tongue.

Quince can be stool bedded and layered as well we have not tried to root
cutting.

But on another subject the other day someone asked if you could Root
Mulberry and we have and do prefer this method of propagation for mulberry
but Some cultivars will not Root as easily and some not at all like
Geraldi's Dwarf mulberry best to Graft or bud it up High.

Cliff

Thank you

Kumme and Clifford England

England's Orchard and Nursery