nafex - Re: [nafex] Fruiting Quince Propagation (Bass S)

  • From: Mike Higgs <trenthillsca@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Fruiting Quince Propagation (Bass S)
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:59:12 -0400

Bass,

According to Joseph Postman: "Quince is not difficult to root from either
soft-wood or hard-wood cuttings." He also says that "you could graft them
and bury the graft union so that they self-root". This suggests that they
can be stooled or maybe trench-layered. And anything that tends to
suckering is a candidate for propagation from root cuttings. But that's
all second-hand info. I was wondering If anyone had any
first-hand experience ex grafting that they could share, any tips and/or
tricks?

Regards,
Mike
44.26534, -77.95975