nafex - Re: [nafex] Paw paw for sale?

  • From: "Lucky Pittman" <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Paw paw for sale?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:03:03 -0500

I've not purposely checked any of the wild trees around the farm, but have
not noticed any fruits hanging in any I've passed by in the truck or on
horseback while doing chores. The young select seedlings & graftlings I
have planted in a low-lying area alongside my driveway bloomed and set a few
hands of fruit this year - but I noticed earlier this week that they'd
aborted their fruits - probably during the 10-day stretch of 100+ degree
days we had earlier this month. Last report I heard was that we were 15+
inches below normal for rainfall.

Lucky