nafex - [nafex] New fruit book by Lee Reich

  • From: Lee Reich <leeareich@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] New fruit book by Lee Reich
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 17:15:19 -0400

Hot off the press (March 2012), my new book Grow Fruit Naturally: A Hands-On
Guide to Luscious, Homegrown Fruit ($24.95, The Taunton Press). Successfully
harvest fruits that are delicious and healthy, with information on over 30
fruits, from temperate to tropical, and how to reap the most of their bounty.
Natural growing begins with creating a healthy soil environment for roots and
their microbial friends, and choosing the best kinds and varieties of fruits
to plant both for top-notch flavor and for pest and disease resistance.
Topics include:

• Planning for growing fruit
• Choosing plants for flavor and pest and disease
resistance
• Propagating fruit plants
• Pruning a fruit tree, bush, or vine
• Growing fruit plants in containers
• Avoiding or controlling common pests and diseases
naturally
• Storing the bounty

The emphasis here is also on simplicity, so growing anything from apples to
figs to oranges to pawpaws to strawberries is feasible within any constraints
of time and space. My goal in writing Grow Fruit Naturally is to make it easy
for everyone to be harvesting luscious, wholesome fruits outside their own
back (or front) door.

The book is available from my website (signed copies), bookstores, and the
web, and is in the NAFEX library for lending.

Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at http://leereich.blogspot.com/
http://leereich.com/

Books by Lee Reich:
A Northeast Gardener's Year
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden
Landscaping with Fruit
Grow Fruit Naturally

  • [nafex] New fruit book by Lee Reich, Lee Reich, 05/07/2012