nafex - Re: [nafex] KDL for Frost Protection

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] KDL for Frost Protection
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:14:06 -0600

I just ordered some of the KDL and spoke with the folks in the office there. There is one update that people should know about. They now recommend mixing the KDL with a calcium product called Sysstem Cal (the name does have all those s's). One purpose of the Cal product is to increase absorption by stems and buds when there are not many leaves present. It also balances out the alkalinity of the KDL.

The recommended dose is 1 oz of Sysstem Cal and 3 oz of KDL per gallon of water.

I'm looking forward to testing this out. If it works, it could make a huge difference, as we almost always lose fruit to late frosts.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(505)-281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mt Time, 7 days