nafex - [nafex] Yikes, extra apple tree

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: NAFEX Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Yikes, extra apple tree
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 07:11:15 -0400

Last year I transplanted an apple tree, from right under an oak tree to a
spot where another tree had died. It struggled, and thought I it wouldn't
make it. Last fall, my apricot had some borers, and I thought it would die
over the winter.

So I ordered another little apple tree.

This spring, both those trees look really good, and now I have a box
containing a Karmijn on G11. I really don't have any place to put it.

I guess I could take out the apricot, on the theory that eventually the
borers will get it. Or I could take out a couple of lilacs in a marginal
location and put the apple tree there. But I kinda like those lilacs.

Anyone nearby want a tree?

Ginda Fisher
eastern MA