nafex - [nafex] Pruning a Parker pear

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: NAFEx <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Pruning a Parker pear
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 01:42:46 -0400

Here is a link to a recent picture of my Parker pear tree:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2dd10b3127cceffeb1287472e00000030O03AaNmrJi4ZA9vPgQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
That is the top of the tree that must be about 20 feet tall. Often, I try to pull off the water sprouts as they form. Obviously I didn't get that done last summer. The next section farther down is at least as bad but I couldn't get the sky behind that part for a picture.
Of course, it hasn't been very productive yet with all that energy going into shoot growth. I'll be working on it in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, if anyone has any words of wisdom, feel free to speak up.

Steve (in the Adirondacks)

  • [nafex] Pruning a Parker pear, Steve, 04/01/2012