nafex - [nafex] Spinosad kills fast

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: NAFEX Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Spinosad kills fast
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:02:34 -0400

Well, I guess I answered my own question. I checked the largest apple tree
today. There was a relatively low rate of winter moth damage to the buds -- I
would estimate less than 1/3 of the buds show damage. Of the buds I examined
where I could see damage, I was able to find a dead or dying winter moth
caterpillar in all but one. I've included a photo of two of them below. One
is curled up near the 3/16 mark, and the other is spread out across the 3/8
mark on the ruler. As you can see, they have only recently hatched. I expect
more to hatch the next time the weather gets warm, but I will wait until then
to re-spray.

Ginda
Eastern MA, zone 6

  • [nafex] Spinosad kills fast, Ginda Fisher, 03/26/2012