nafex - Re: [nafex] apples, spinosad, and rain

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] apples, spinosad, and rain
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 01:55:02 -0500

On 3/25/2012 9:45 PM, Ginda Fisher wrote:
I sprayed my apples with spinosad this morning, to combat winter moths. This
afternoon it began to drizzle, and continued drizzling most of the day.

Was the spray wasted? Should I re-do it when the weather clears? Should I
wait 10 days, as per the label?

(I'm also a little nervous, because this is the first time I've used leftover
spinosad from last year. But it looked okay this year. Maybe it didn't
freeze, since the winter has been so mild.)

thanks,
Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6

Ginda,

Did you mix a 'sticker' in with your spray. If so, the spray would have probably mostly
dried in the few hours after application and the sticker would have minimized the washing
off effect. If not, you probably lost the effect of the morning spray. Not sure why you have
to wait 10 days, but if most of it washed off, seems like it's ok to reapply now.

Sherwin Dubren