nafex - [nafex] Organic Brown Rot Control

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Organic Brown Rot Control
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:58:39 -0400

Last year I had brown rot on my cherries and plums for the first time. I had not had any experience of brown rot before, so it took me a awhile to identify it. However after doing so I was pretty meticulous about removing mummies and trying to keep the areas around the trees as clean as possible.

Can anyone suggest the best organic methods for controlling brown rot? Last spring I just sprayed with dormant oil. I've heard sulfur can be effective.

I'd really like to keep it under control, not only for my cherries and plums but so it doesn't spread to my other stone fruit.

Thanks,

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC