nafex - [nafex] Regarding Hill's Kiev

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Regarding Hill's Kiev
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:57:22 +0000

Today an e-mail arrived from the folks at Raintree: they have no
substantiation of White Pine rust resistance in Hill's Kiev so far. They hope
to hear from their customers on this, because less money is available for
such research.
Which raises a point: when it became clear one of the apple trees I had
ordered couldn't bear well in my rather severe climate, I wrote Raintree to
inform them for the benefit of their customers. Letting our sources know of
difficulties we encounter that reflect conditions (length and severity of
winter, summer heat, particular disease or insect pressure) can be helpful to
others, novices and otherwise.

Dave Liezen, E. WA, zone5/6