nafex - Re: [nafex] Collection of apple varieties - Wanted Nick Bottner's photo.

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Collection of apple varieties - Wanted Nick Bottner's photo.
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:44:35 +0530

Claude,

Is it possible to get Nick's photo? I shall use it in my weekly "Fruit Facts" which I upload in Fruitipedia every Monday.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
www.fruitipedia.com

-----Original Message----- From: Claude Jolicoeur
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:28 AM
To: NAFEX
Subject: Re: [nafex] Collection of apple varieties

Nick Botner's collection in Oregon is larger,
with something like 4000 varieties of apples,
pears, grapes, plums and cherries if I remember well.
There was a discussion recently here about the
fact that - unfortunately - he is now selling his
property. From what I understand, Mr. Botner is
now in his mid-80's and can't maintain such a large orchard anymore.
His list of varieties is on the internet, you
will find it easily with a search on his name.
Claude Jolicoeur