nafex - [nafex] Amelanchier (Juneberry) and Sun

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Amelanchier (Juneberry) and Sun
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 05:39:36 -0600

While Amalanchier is often found as an understory tree on north slopes here
in southern NY, I would plant them in full sun if the purpose is for
fruit. They are a rising shopping mall tree variety because of their
toughness in most environments and attractiveness. Yields of fruit seem
much higher to me when grown in full sun. I've seen hundreds of thriving
trees over the years in full exposure.

  • [nafex] Amelanchier (Juneberry) and Sun, Alan Haigh, 01/17/2012