nafex - [nafex ibiblio list] Correction: Buffaloberries (Shepherdia spp.) appropriate for warmer regions?

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex ibiblio list] Correction: Buffaloberries (Shepherdia spp.) appropriate for warmer regions?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 06:39:15 -0500 (EST)

Group:
In an earlier response post, I recommended buffaloberries (Shepherdia spp.)
as a great native alternative to the highly invasive alien exotic
Autumn-olive (Elaeagnus umbellata). I stated that it was, however, only
appropriate for colder regions. After looking at the USDA ranges for both
species of native Shepherdia, it looks like it ranges well into the warmer
zones, albeit usually in arid regions. I can't be sure, but it looks like it
should do well in most places. Any ideas?

Steve; NJ