nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] North Carolina Scion Exchange

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] North Carolina Scion Exchange
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:06:43 -0500

Like many others on this list, I am not a NAFEX member. I was (many) years
ago, but got no response from the heads / leaders of some of the interest
groups when I tried to contact them, and had no real interaction with other
NAFEX members. Pomona was print only back then (well over 10 years ago,
but electronic media was almost completely non-existent then), some of the
articles were of interest but this list provided me with far more
information, connectivity, etc. And, because of the way I saved the
messages was, and is, completely searchable a great resource. The only
tangible benefit (other than Pomona and a member list that was provided to
all new members - many (most?) did not have email addresses) was borrowing
a few books from the library - not sure this even exists anymore nor how
relevant given the Internet and e-media. So, after several years dropped
my membership. I would say that my experience with NAFEX was at best
neutral. At that time it was early in my "career" of relevant interest,
and that interest was not really fed by other than this list. I did
consider attending one annual - it was held in Pennsylvania one year, but
decided against a 7+ hour drive each way plus motel.

Chris