nafex - Re: [NAFEX] petunia volunteers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "ADAMSON, Karl" <Karl.Adamson@apvma.gov.au>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] petunia volunteers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 23:22:14 +0000

UNCLASSIFIED

I grow trailing varieties. Its hits -8c where I am and they are on the
veranda in hanging baskets so maybe a bit of protection. They die back in
the winter but resprout in the spring from seemingly dead stalks. They are
weaker in their second year. But they still give a good showing. You can also
use them for cuttings in the spring but watch the mildew.

If its colder where you are maybe just cover them with a bit of soil to
protect them some more.

The seedlings are SO slow to get going, but they do provide for a continual
renewal of plants and yes the F2's are all over the place in terms of colour
and form. But they are still lovely plants in hanging baskets.

Karl
IMPORTANT: This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of
this email or any attachment. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
transmission.