nafex - Re: [NAFEX] mangos (was hello winter)

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] mangos (was hello winter)
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 18:26:19 -0400

Well, I decided I didn't need another large houseplant, so I left to mango
outside to die. And then we had a horrible messy snow-storm. And then we had
a few nights below freezing. And when I went out to rake today, I found that
the mango was still stubbornly clinging to life. The mulch pile (a corner of
the year where I throw the fall leaves, and where my husband has been dumping
kitchen scraps to compost, although it's still mostly leaves) must be
throwing off a lot of heat, because the leaves closest to the ground were
still alive, although the upper leaves were dead and black.

So I took pity on the thing and potted it up. It's in a south-east window.
Once the oak leaves are down it will get a lot of sun.

Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6