nafex - [NAFEX] FW: 4th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam (MPCA)" <sam.brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] FW: 4th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:17:40 -0500

From: andrew@sawmillhollow.com
To: sam739is@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:07:34 -0400

4th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival: A Superfruit Revival
September 17 and 18
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

For the Family
In the heart of the Loess Hills, just minutes from downtown Omaha,
surrounded by a naturally spring fed lake, this year's festival features over
twenty artisans from the Loess Hills; aronia berry cooking and smoothie
samplings, speakers, live music, dietitians and health professionals, wine
tastings, farming and gardening with Aronia (Aronia plants and Products are
available); and includes a Demonstration Aronia Berry Harvest!

Plenty of kids' activities
On the hour every hour featuring: "Farm Safety 4 Just Kids," conservation,
culinary, nature, activities and more!

Festival Goers
True to the harvest celebration will have the opportunity to experience part
of this year's actual aronia berry harvest, enjoy a complete Aronia Berry BBQ
themed cookout, and participate in a recipe challenge, as well as a karaoke
event dubbed by organizers as "Aronia Idol."

WHERE
Site of the First Aronia Berry Farm in the Country in Missouri Valley, Iowa:
The Aronia Berry Capital of the United States.

WHEN
September 17th and 18th, 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

For complete Information visit:
http://sawmillhollow.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bfe48a34765a5cde911455ee2&id=87838c7c5e&e=392f4def4a

Driving Directions to 2159 Kennedy Ave., Missouri Valley, IA 51555 (Refer to
Driving Directions Listed Below)

From Omaha Area: Drive To Blair Nebraska (highway 75), Turn Right onto US-30
East, Turn left onto North 1st Street CR-L 20 continue to follow CR-L-20,
take a right on to L-23, turn left onto Kennedy Ave.

From Council Bluffs Area: Old Lincoln Highway, to Missouri Valley, Turn left
on Main Street, Turn Right onto North 1st St Cr-L 20 continue to follow
CR-L-20), take a right on to L-23, turn left onto Kennedy Ave.

From Sioux City Area: Take I-29 South to Mondamin, take the 1 A- 127 exit,
Exit 89, toward Mondamin. Turn left on to IA-127 Follow to Magnolia, then
turn right on L-23/Laredo Drive, follow Laredo 2 1/2 miles towards the bottom
of a hill turn right onto Kennedy Ave.

From Des Moines Area- I-235 W becomes 80 W, Merge onto I-680 W via Exit 27
Toward North Omaha/ Sioux City, Merge onto I-29 North exit 13 B toward Sioux
City, Exit 75 Right, Merge Right US-30 East, Turn left onto North 1st Street
CR-L 20 continue to follow CR-L-20, take a right on to L-23, turn left onto
Kennedy Ave.

From Logan Area: Take Highway 127 West to Magnolia turn left onto L-23
(Ladredo Ave), turn right onto Kennedy Ave. Signs will be posted.

From Kansas City Area: I-29 North, Exit towards Council Bluffs Broadway
towards Old Lincoln Highway, take to Missouri Valley, Turn left on Main
Street, Turn Right onto North 1st St Cr-L 20 continue to follow CR-L-20),
take a right on to L-23, turn left onto Kennedy Ave.

  • [NAFEX] FW: 4th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival, Brungardt, Sam (MPCA), 09/16/2011