nafex - [NAFEX] Question from John S.

  • From: Jackie <jakuehn@verizon.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Question from John S.
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:41:53 -0400

John, I'm sorry you had to drop your NAFEX membership, and completely
understand. You ask a very good question, and I'll forward it to the officers
for consideration. My initial response, after thinking it's a good
suggestion, is that it would be difficult to agree to, if only because NAFEX,
too, has been hit by the hard times--witness you and others needing to let
membership lapse! If each issue contains 15-20 articles, and each contributor
received free membership in exchange for those articles, NAFEX's income would
be reduced by about $1000-1200 a year, which would be quite a hit. If you
think of a compromise suggestion, I'd be very glad to hear it and forward it
to the officers.

Missing you--I well remember your name from previous articles--

Jackie
Jacquelyn A. Kuehn

pennsacreskitchen.net
wmugradio.org

On Aug 21, 2011, at 12:01 PM, nafex-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 05:45:19 -0700 (PDT)
> From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pomona: last call!
> To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
>
> Jackie,
>
> I'm a member of this list, but had to let my NAFEX membership expire when I
> became out of work a couple of years ago for financial reasons. I beleive
> I am not the only one, as things are very tough these days. I was
> wondering, would the board be willing to grant memberships for good
> articles written and accepted for publication in Pomona? While this policy
> likely would not solve cost issues, it could be used to build quality of
> articles, maintain or build membership and show compassion for what it
> happening in the world today.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

  • [NAFEX] Question from John S., Jackie, 08/22/2011