nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pears

  • From: "Jim Freeman" <jf@gctruck.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pears
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:55:08 -0400

Similar to other post, our pears have ripened with a vengeance this
month. Moonglow and Warren began building a blush on 50% of the fruit
around the first of August and were fully ripe by August 10th. Maxine
was just behind them on August 14th. Our Orient pears have been ripening
more unevenly. Some were picked last week, some last night and the rest
should be ready by the 20th. This seems like a very compressed season
for ripening. Several varieties of our apples have also ripened more
quickly than normal.

Jim Freeman
Freedom Farms
North Georgia
www.freedomfruit.net

  • Re: [NAFEX] Pears, Jim Freeman, 08/15/2011