nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Multi-fig tree: several in same hole OR that and pleached?

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Multi-fig tree: several in same hole OR that and pleached?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 06:28:45 -0400

I don't know, it seems if you're worried about some dying and some not,
which is likely in your location, why don't you just put them a little
farther apart so they don't grow together? Like 6 inches. That would make it
much easier to figure out which variety was which. I think if they all grew
together, you'd have a heck of a time figuring out which was which after ten
years. Then they'll still be close enough to protect as one, but a little
easier to manage.

-matt
z5 se MI