nafex - [NAFEX] Brown netting on Jostaberry leaves

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler@lrec.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Brown netting on Jostaberry leaves
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 22:14:19 -0500

This spring I had a brown netting on much of my Jostaberry leaves. I've had
this shrub for about 4 years and this was the first time I'd seen this. I
found a reference saying it was a virus of unknown cause and with unknown
cure. Anyone know anything different? (I.e. is there anything I can do
about it?) The new growth doesn't seem to have any of this problem, but I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent it next year. It hardly
set ANY berries this year....not sure whether that had anything to do with
the virus or not....

Leslie Moyer
unschooler@lrec.org

  • [NAFEX] Brown netting on Jostaberry leaves, Leslie Moyer, 06/25/2011