nafex - [NAFEX] Bees Kiwis

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bees Kiwis
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:30:28 -0500

It was written, "Kiwifruit flowers are pollinated mainly by insects,
although wind may play a
minor role. Honeybees are the main pollinator used in kiwifruit vineyards."

I should have mentioned that my neighbor has a hive and his bees travel over
here in large numbers but ignore the kiwis.

All the various responses suggest to me that kiwis don't set well unless the
male is entwined with the female- not enough to be nearby. Anyone get
consistent crops without this being the situation?

  • [NAFEX] Bees Kiwis, Alan Haigh, 06/10/2011