nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blooming order

  • From: "Ginda Fisher" <list@ginda.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blooming order
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:21:58 -0400

We had a weird spring and everything bloomed out of order. I think each plant
times its spring development a little differently. Some rely on hours of
sunlight, some on time above 40 degrees, some on time above 70 degrees (I'm
making the precise numbers up, but I'm pretty sure the idea is right) and
some on moisure and other growing conditions, and most on some combination of
those -- but every plant weights the factors differently.

I have always been intrigued at how spring unfolds differently in different
places, due to a different 'normal' mix of those factors.&nbsp;