nafex - Re: [NAFEX] trapping rabbits?

  • From: Christopher Kennel <ckennel@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] trapping rabbits?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 18:43:29 -0600

For rabbits I've had success with apple slices. Get some apple cider as
well because rabbits are very sensitive to smells. I washed the traps, wore
latex exam gloves when handling them, and then after baiting them with the
apple slices, I sprayed apple cider all over the traps and near openings to
mask any off-putting scents.

I've also had good success releasing squirrels (trapped with peanut butter)
in front of my dogs.

Chris Kennel
Denver, CO
Zone 5