nafex - [NAFEX] Is this an ok spot for an apricot tree? Southern-facing, only.

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Is this an ok spot for an apricot tree? Southern-facing, only.
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:35:15 -0400 (EDT)

Group:

Is this an ok (longevity, etc.) location for an apricot tree: sandwiched in
between two large trees, each far enough away to allow it a 15' spread, but
will block most western and eastern sunlight; so that it only receives
southern-light?

Will that be sufficient? I think peach and certain other Prunus spp. cannot
take that, but I think that apricot and sour-cherry, as another Prunus spp.,
can.

Thanks,
Steve; NJ 6b/7a