nafex - [NAFEX] Strange apricot death

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Strange apricot death
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 08:27:18 -0500

mIEKAL wrote: "I have a Puget Gold that I was looking at today. Flowered a bit ago & all of the leaves that have come out are just hanging wilted on the tree. Very odd. Almost like the rootstock died & the leaves are living on the what's left..."

That is exactly what happened to every one of the apricots I bought from Bob Purvis. When I asked him what might be the cause, he didn't have an answer. (I haven't bought apricots from anyone else)

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472