nafex - Re: [NAFEX] disease on persimmon trees

  • From: Robert Bruns <r.fred.bruns@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] disease on persimmon trees
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 21:16:14 -0400

Jerry -

I had something similar with a kaki in a pot. In my experience, when you
have the whole tree sudenly failing, it is a problem with the roots. I
figured it was due to lack of oxygen to the roots, so I transplanted it from
a plastic pot to a wooden barrel, and it seemed to do OK after that. I
think persimmon roots need lots of oxygen, otherwise they don't function to
provide nutrients to the rest of the tree.

Fred
central Indiana
Zone 5b