nafex - [NAFEX] Liberty

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Liberty
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 15:31:41 -0700

Where I am Liberty tends to ripen in early October, sometimes competing with
the first hard frost. I am not sure who said they are small as a Mac, but
they have never seen my Liberty Apples, they are huge, usually stuffed into
the baggies I cover them with. To my taste they are ok, but I am more a
Northern Spy or Honey Crisp guy than a Mac type anyways. They make a good
pie, and dry very, very well and are delicious that way.

I'll admit the tree is vigorous and overbears, so I have to heavily thin to
get large apples, but once thinned they size up very nicely.

And man is it disease resistant. And so far the Japanese Beetles leave it
alone much preferring to eat HoneyCrisp.

tfb

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] Liberty, fuwa fuwa usagi, 05/05/2011