nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw paw spacing?

  • From: "Ron Powell, PhD" <Botrytis@fuse.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw paw spacing?
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:58:42 -0400

Steve,

I agree with Jerry about the spacing. However, if necessary to plant the trees close together, I would plant them as a clump. They would grow together as a single tree and will maintain their typical pyramidal shape if grown in the sun. There are several nurseries around Cincinnati that sell pawpaws as clumps. i.e., 3 trees in a 30 gallon pot.

Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: <Jwlehman@aol.com>