nafex - [NAFEX] timing brown rot spray of peaches

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] timing brown rot spray of peaches
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:39:34 -0500

If you are only trying to prevent brown rot of the fruit and not blossom
blight (which I've never encountered here- lots of sites- lots of trees) you
may be able to get away with as little as a single spray about a month
before trees ripen fruit. Young trees are less susceptible and sites vary
in terms of pressure as do varieties. The material in Monterey Fungus
fighter can always rescue fruit if you start to see some rot, so it might be
worth it to experiment with least spray strategies. Some sites, some years,
some varieties, no fungicide protection at all is needed in southeastern
NY. Early ripening varieties, like up to Redhaven are less susceptible here
and I get pristine Harrow Diamonds with no fungicide at all, ever in last 20
seasons or so.

  • [NAFEX] timing brown rot spray of peaches, Alan Haigh, 04/11/2011